Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tony Snow earns $168,000 a year

As of 2007, according to the White House staff list at the Washington Post.

I only mention this because some of you might have gotten the impression that Press Secretary might be a volunteer position, given his recent comment to Hugh Hewitt:

SNOW: No, I’m not going to be…I’ve already made it clear I’m not going to be able to go the distance, but that’s primarily for financial reasons. I’ve told people when my money runs out, then I’ve got to go.

I'm not sure what he spends his money on, but for comparison, that puts him in the top 5% of U.S. earners. It's over 3 times the median salary and it's 65% higher than the the average for those with Professional and Doctoral degrees ( doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers, etc. )

His assistant, Dana Perino, makes over $141,000.

No comments: