Thursday, June 7, 2007

Free Scooter!

Mitt Romney, man of principal.

MR. ROMNEY: This is one of those situations where I go back to my record as governor. I didn’t pardon anybody as governor because I didn’t want to overturn a jury.
But he says he might make an exception for a man who outed a CIA agent to as part of a political hit job.


Also answering the question of whether they'd pardon Scooter Libby:

Duncan Hunter gave a rambling non answer, then said no, then said maybe.

Ron Paul and Jim Gilmore gave a simple 'No'.

McCain won't comment until the ongoing appeals are over.

Former prosecutor and overall hardnose, Rudy Giuliani, who made a name enforcing laws against spitting on the sidewalk, thought the prosecution of Libby was incomprehensible.

Brownback and Tancredo said yes.

And Tommy Thompson complained that Clinton only lost his law license, so I guess he feels the Republicans are owed one "gimme" on the perjury charge.

No comments: